Break Free: Wireless Computing at Penn State
High speed wireless networking technology has created wireless network access opportunities that can be used at any of Penn State's campus locations.
News: As of July 1, 2012, Penn State has transitioned over to the Wireless 2.0 Service. As a result, the on-campus Wireless 1.0 VPN service is no longer supported. As an alternative to Wireless VPN, users should transition over to Penn State's Wireless 2.0 service (see Wireless 2.0 setup instructions).
I just want to use wireless.
I want to create a wireless network in my department.
I want to make my current wireless network more secure.
- Penn State Wireless Assist
- Register my wireless network (Access Account login required. Note that only the designated wireless LAN administrative, technical or security contact for each campus building should register a wireless network). See Penn State Wireless Networks to find the locations of wireless networks and their contacts.
Tell me more.
- Why go wireless?
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ)
- Speed and coverage area
- Penn State Wireless locations
- Making wireless more secure
- Wireless coverage signs (PDF downloads)