Welcome to Penn State
Penn State hosts many visitors. Some come to campus as potential students with their families,
some are vendors or guests on campus for meetings, some are Alumni coming back to campus to see how
things have changed. As a visitor to our campus, you may access wireless Internet service from your
personal computer at any participating Visitor Wireless location.
To get started using Visitor Wireless:
1. Verify that you are in a Visitor Wireless service area and check your wireless network signal for the Visitor Wireless network named attwifi
2. Connect to attwifi by configuring your wireless network settings to access attwifi.
3. Open your Web browser to automatically launch the AT&T Wi-Fi web screen.
4. Purchasing Options: you will be given two options that best suit your needs:
- enter a credit card from the AT&T Wi-Fi web screen, or
- enter a prepaid coupon code.
Call 1.888.888.7520 for AT&T Wifi support.
Visitor Wireless Prepaid Coupons
In addition to using a credit card and/or purchasing direct access from our Visitor Wireless vendor, Prepaid Coupons for Visitor Wireless service are available for campus, college, and departmental purchase through eBuy.
The Prepaid coupons are available in individual increments of 1 or in packs of 5, 25, 50, 100, 500, and 1000.
Penn State Academic and Administrative units are encouraged to purchase coupons and distribute them to their guests or at events for use while on campus. Current students, faculty, and staff members with a valid Penn State Access Account may also purchase coupons for use by their parents, friends, or other guests and vendors while on campus.
Each Prepaid Coupon comes with a "scratch off" access code and is good for one 24-hour session that begins when the coupon is first activated. The session can be enabled no matter how many times the wireless device is powered off and on within the 24-hour period. Sessions are only valid on the campus where the coupon is first used and where Visitor Wireless access is available (see locations above). Prepaid Coupons obtained elsewhere (e.g. McDonalds) won't work on the University's Visitor Wireless network.
Visitor Wireless for Departments
Campuses, Colleges, and Departments may request and create Visitor Wireless networking areas in their buildings.